Health and Nutrition Benefits
CHERRiSH provides three key all-natural health benefits:
- Anti-Inflammatory/Muscle Recovery: Each serving of CHERRiSH is filled with the pulp and skin of tart Montmorency cherries—offering the most concentrated flavonoid compounds of any fruit or vegetable, which provide potent anti-inflammatory and vaso properties to reduce symptoms of exercise induced muscle damage and speed muscle recovery. CHERRiSH also boasts high levels of COX1 and COX2 compounds, which help inhibit muscle and joint pain.
- Highest Antioxidants: Combining Montmorency and Bing cherries results in higher levels of antioxidants than either cherry provides individually. Due to this, CHERRiSH’s proprietary cherry juice blend is the most antioxidant-rich beverage on the market, containing an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) rating of 9,500-11,000. The beverage includes a high amount of anthocyanins, a very powerful antioxidant that fights all major forms of free radicals the body regularly produces.
- Sleep Benefits: Cherries are a premium source for melatonin, a potent antioxidant that helps regulate circadian rhythms and natural sleep patterns. Offering more melatonin than any other fruit or vegetable, studies show cherries are associated with improved sleep quality—the foundation of health and wellness
Tart Cherries at a Glance
Antioxidants (ORAC score per 100 grams): The antioxidant values of foods are expressed in ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity).
- Cherry juice concentrate: 12,800 ORAC units
- Dried cherries: 6,800 ORAC units
- Frozen cherries: 2,033 ORAC units
- Canned cherries: 1,700 ORAC units
Pigments: Tart cherries contain 30 to 40 milligrams of anthocyanins 1 and 2 in every 100 grams of fruit. Anthocyanins are the flavonoid pigments found in fruits, including cherries. Anthocyanins are more effective than vitamin C, four times more potent as an antioxidant than the well-known vitamin E, and have been compared to ibuprofen, aspirin and naproxen for their anti-inflammatory action.
Nutrients: Tart cherries are excellent sources of beta-carotene (vitamin A), and are also rich in vitamins C and E, and provide potassium, magnesium, iron, folate and fiber. Tart cherries are one of the few known food sources of melatonin—a potent antioxidant that helps regulate circadian rhythms and natural sleep patterns. Montmorency cherries, in particular, contain 13.5 nanograms of melatonin per gram.
Potential Health Benefits of Cherries:
- Offer immune system support
- Help with sleep pattern and muscle recovery
- Reduce inflammation and ease the pain of arthritis and gout
- Offer protection against cardiovascular disease and certain cancers
- Reduce the risk of diabetes and insulin resistance syndrome
- Aid in the treatment and possible prevention of memory loss
- Assist with weight management